Thursday, February 28, 2008

Beadie Friends


Last Saturday night Leah and her husband Ken came over for dinner, laughs and conversation. I met Leah at the first arts festival I did several years ago and we became fast friends. She too is a bead lady except her specialty is bead weaving. Leah incorporates lampwork beads into some of her designs and has some spectacular pieces. Recently, Ken designed and put up a website for her....check it out at www.volksbeads.com

While the guys were chatting about things, I got Leah started making a collage. She had mentioned last summer that she wanted to do some mixed media with her beadwork and I thought this would be a fun thing for us both to do. Since you really have to work in layers, we didn't finish our masterpieces that night....hopefully Leah finished and will send me a pic to share her....As I mentioned in an earlier post, last week I made a few of my own using a variety of things including my left over beads.....I think they came out awesome. No, I don't have a photo to share yet....again, I thought I had an example of one of my collages but, Nope, not on the disc! Well, I'll have something this weekend.

Tonight is the last PMC class for my current students. I think they will be surprised and impressed with what they did.

No comments: