Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Ready for a New Year?

On the upside. I feel like I have a head start on the New Year. My traditional closet clean out is done and everything is organized in there, my studio is getting a sorting thru and I'm beginning to ponder what my word for the year will be........yes, I pick one word that is my focus for the year ahead. It really helps me to frame my thinking and allows me to keep with one focus. I do have attentional problems and often flit from one thing to the next. I select one work for my jewelry biz and another for my art teaching each year and it really helps.

I might be in a creative slump.  I have to admit, I feel a bit blah when it comes to navigating my direction for the year ahead with my jewelry. Last night over dinner I confessed to my husband that although I enjoy my bead/jewelry biz, things are beginning to feel a bit ho hum. There is nothing exciting me. Everybody seems to be doing such similar things that to me, the jewelry outlook seems a little lifeless. Yes, yes......color, everyone is doing it, bold.....yeap. lots out there doing that too. These were once hallmarks to my work and they now seem plain. overdone. common. ordinary. maybe even boring. Whats a girl to do??

So. Where do I go...what do I do with this ho hum feeling? My gut tells me to calm down and something is bound to stir my mojo....not to rush things. So, the big plan is- just KISS.......(keeping it simple stupid) for the time being. Not much I can do with my case of the blaahhs but just wait it out. I will be experimenting at the torch, hanging with other artist friends, painting, going to some favorite haunts and all that stuff. Looking to find something that lights my fire!

 There is one thing I'm planning for February but you'll just have to stay tuned for that one. I'm focused then on staying loose, experimenting and lots of play time at the torch!

2 comments:

rosebud101 said...

Good luck, Linda! I hate it when the blahs hit!

Linda said...

me too :( Hopefully it will pass soon with some time off from stuff and just fun playing.