Monday, September 8, 2008

Clothesline & Reconnecting

The Clothesline Arts Festival was this past weekend and it made a wonderful ending to the Summer Festival season. The weather was okay....coolish with some rain and some sun but no downpours!!! And, Lets get real....the economy has been in the dumper meaning each festival has been lower in attendance & in sales. I, however, am very blessed to have a great following.... Thank You to all who visited my booth to either look , chat or to purchase.....I appreciate it all.

One of my favorite parts of the Clothesline is the chatting and re-connecting with old friends & new ones. Last year I re connected with my dear friend Lisa and this year Laurie was the friend I finally saw after 16 years!!!!! We use to have such fun together. She also helped me much more than she knows with a crazy relationship I was in at the time. She has a boyfriend who lives in Italy so once she returns we will get together for dinner and catch up.




My next reconnect was with Elizabeth....I went to undergrad school with her and I just loved her energy, smile and just nice way she had. I actually took a picture of her cause I had that camera with me & I thought, why not...Love that tattoo ....

Then I met, Linda Lawrence....the other Linda Lawrence :) Scary but there are about 3 other Linda Lawrences that I know of who live locally!!! One of them is in the school district I work in and boy was that a problem with my work email!!! I'd show you that picture but I don't like it :) I look tired. So vain, I know.

Well, I know I have to finish up my Kumihimo follow up but goodness, I still don't have that photo yet! Hopefully tomorrow.:) I'll be resting now and watching tv tonight like a very lazy person.

1 comment:

angelinabeadalina said...

What fun to run into friends from the past and have a chance to catch up! Sounds like the festival brought you a wealth of good things :)