Sunday, January 11, 2009

Beadmaking Japanese Style



It seems like every year around this time I pull out this book. I purchased this maybe 5 years ago and love it. Althought I can't read most of whats in it (there is some English), I have picked up many useful tips and techniques. The torch set up alone is very intreguing to me...I actually saw this author at work and loved watching a totally different working style. The Japanese style, like all there work, is delicate, intrecate and just down right beautiful. One day I'd like to go to Japan and take a class......that would be REALLY interesting....



Its very cold today and the week ahead is said to be in either the low teens and twenties or at single digits. With that being said, I don't believe I will be spending to much time at the torch. It takes a bit for my studio to warm up and by then I just can't bring myself to walk the short distance to my get there. What a wimp I am.

No comments: