Sunday, May 24, 2009

Where 'd I go?

I've been a little delinquent in posting as of late. Just haven't had much to report or should I say write about. I've had plenty to do to occupy my time however. School at this time of year is always busy with shows, year end projects and such. I really try to cram as much in as possible. The school year goes by so fast. My after school art class here has been going well too. I think I'll have a few more students sign up for the summer sessions which will be nice. Like I've said, I do love teaching art!

Beads and jewelry designing have kept me busy also. At this point I feel like its the calm before the storm of festivals and Open Houses. I've been exploring a new path with my work and learning new tricks along the way too. I've purchased some new tools so I have plenty to entertain myself in the studio.

With my summer break fast approaching I'm also looking to get more organized with my posts on my blog. It seems I'm always looking for ways to work smarter not more. I want to work more at actually planning my posts vs. just writing as I sit down in front of a blank page. Maybe you can help me with my planning and tell me what you like hearing about.

Lastly, I have to share some bead stuff....but its not my bead work, its that of a dear friend, Nancy Valle. She taught me how to make beads years ago and has been a constant friend. She too is an art teacher so we have lots in common. Nancy is primarily a ceramic artist creating beautiful garden sculptures and such. She loves beadmaking too and combines both of these talents together making for some very interesting and "earthy" work. Here are just a few of her clay beads

I plan on working them into a design but haven't been struck with the idea yet.

No comments: