Okay, so this is my 3rd post about all that there is to do in Rochester. These items that I am listing are things I typically do with out of town friends to give them a flavor of what we enjoy here in Rochester...there are so many big and little things....but I am just listing things that could be done during the period of our International Society of Glass Beadmakers conference at the end of July. I hope you get the chance to do a few things.........I'd happily join you too :)
11. Enjoy a foreign film at The Little Theater! There popcorn is the best. Afterwards check out Spot coffee for dessert and espresso.
12. What a fancy dinner? Make Reservations at Two Vine. Great food, contemporary setting. Afterwards, stroll East Ave. and check out Arena's Florist!! OMG! Love that place and the window displays are outstanding.
13. Give your feet a rest and get a pedicure at the Del Monte Spa located in Pittsford right across from Schoen Place. Its a very rich setting and you will be in the best of care. If you do this, you MUST have dinner at Simply Crepes! Light, delicious crepes filled with sweet or savory delights. There are lots of little shops in Schoen Place so take time to stroll and feed the ducks along the canal.
14. The Public Market! This place rocks! Open Thursday and Saturdays you can get anything fresh! All the typical things at a public market. Go to the Empanada Stop for a great variety of homemade Empanada's! Delicious!!!!!!!!! Fairport is a few towns away from the city but I must say that there public market on Saturday's is like a step back in time. Very cute, great items and my personal favorite............Carrot Dogs!!!!!!! I am insane for them. Don't mock it until you try it. They are awesome!
15. I know everyone has been asking about places to eat and I didn't check if I already stated it but Mr. Dominic's on the Lake is a MUST. Probably the best Italian food around....if you go on a Friday, get there early or be prepared to wait.
Don't forget to check out my previous What to Do While Visiting Rochester posts........lots of things to do and see.