Here are a few more things to consider while staying in wonderful Rochester! A continuation of my list I began last week........
6. Visit the Strong National Museum of Play......even big kids like it. They have an awesome butterfly garden!
7. Check out the Dinasour Barbeque! Love this place even though I'm a vegetarian!! The atmosphere and those fried green tomatos are the best!
8. Visit the Highland conservatory at Highland Park......its been newly remodeled. Beautiful flowers and plants......not a bad place for a quick picnic. Home of our many varieties of Lilacs.
9. Tour Mt. Hope Cemetary and find where Susan B Anthony, Fredrich Douglass and Jack the Ripper are buried! Its a great place to see interesting head stones and learn local history. Take the Famous and Forgotten tour or just walk around on your own.
10. Head to the beach for an Abbott's custard. Abbott's is a Rochester staple and is only open for the spring/summer season. The lake location offers great people watching..........you might be luck to see some sidewalk entertainment such as the accordian player or my favorite the dancing rollerblader (you will know him when you see him...there is no need for me to discribe further except to note that he is typically wearing a blue speedo).