Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summer Life


We had a great time in Cape Cod recently......Beaches, sunshine, good food and bead shopping of course. Went to my most favorite bead shop.....Beadniks on the Vineyard and came home with some lovely items. I had to control myself since we rode bikes and I was the one with the basket....it was very full already with things too :)

I've been working daily preparing for a few upcoming shows. Its always a nail bitter to see if I will have enough stuff but I typically do.....I just love working a deadline I guess.


Abstract hollows have been a recent love. Abstract since they are not perfectly round but what we beadmakers call "wonkie". I decided to make it a look.....using very a very earthy color palette with a bit of silver. Don't know what I'll call this series yet.....thinking of Sediment or Canyon Rocks.....at least thats what comes to mind when I look at them. I'm also using some discontinued colors on this project.......not all but a few. Relish, Lechin  and ..can't remember the name right now... all were old colors that were discontinued for some reason. I hate when they do that since its those "old" colors that I like best.


Buttons! I just love buttons.......I often wonder if it is because my Non had jars of awesome buttons that I use to love to comb through and play with. I've got some really funky buttons to share at the shows!


No comments: