Saturday, November 3, 2007

Marla's Caught My Eye!


I just came back from the Little Theater.....Sue and I went to see My Kid Can Paint....a documentary on child artist Marla Olmstead. I loved little Marla and her work. I feel very fortunate to work with children and to witness the worderful work they all create. Please visit Marla's website at www.marlaolmstead.com

60 minutes did a documentary on Marla's art work and her family in 2004. It caused quite a controversy on her work & its creation. No matter what you believe, her work is fantastic. To me, there is nothing better than childrens art work. Its free, spontaneous and so imaginative. It makes me wish I was a child again.

I created some fun buttons today. I can't wait to take them out of the kiln in the morning. Tomorrow will be another day of beadmaking. I have to get cracking if I'm going to have enough work for my December gallery show & tne Holiday Bazaar in November! Yikes!!!

No comments: