Monday, January 17, 2011

2011 Resolutions


This is a picture of a chandellier Peter took while in Turkey. He is an international speaker now and has been going on some fasinating trips.

2011 Resolutions
I'm a bit behind on this I know, but extra time to think about it is a good thing...right? So, here are my 3 simple things that I will add extra focus to for 2011;

Biz wise:

1. Sometimes the universe speaks to you and to me its been saying, "slow down and focus". So, this year I will be focusing my attention to working smarter rather than working as fast as I can. I want to do what is within reason to do instead of trying to do it all. Hard for me to do but I will give it a good try.

2. Inventory. I'm really going to work at stocking up. Rather than racing to get orders filled or booth inventory at a good level, I will be working on creating a body of work and then cataloging it too. This really goes into my first goal of working smarter.

3. A website re-do. This one might actually be hard since I have to rely on someone else to get things done. A new site is on the horizon however and the goal is to have it ready by summers end.

Family:

1. More family time is always a good thing. Lets see if we can get a few of those mini vacations planned that we didn't do last year.

Other Stuff:

1. Working with other mediums. I love to paint......so maybe I'll paint a little more.
2. Cooking. Did some of that last year and maybe I'll do a bit more this year.
3. Take lessons. I teach all day and I love it. But, its nice to be the student too so I plan on taking a few more classes in whatever strikes my fancy!

3 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Great resolutions! The "other stuff" sounds so fun. It always feels good to expand your knowledge and skills. ~Val

Bobbie Pene said...

Your resolutions sound very similar to mine. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do all I want to do, so I try to cram as much as I can in at any one time. My focus for this year is to focus and slow down. We also need to have more family time. We went away as a family for a week at new years - something we have never done before. I have vowed that we will do it more often. I hope you meet your new year resolutions and have fun doing so.

Lauren said...

You have great resolutions, and I really love the picture at the beginning of the post too!

Good luck with your year! (:

texascalgary.blogspot.com