Sunday, January 30, 2011

Broken, cracked, loved, unloved, test batch, beautiful and even ugly

These are the characteristics of beads that make it into my misfit bead box. I just can't toss them away.....I have used these misfits to make some amazing "other than jewelry" objects and today I will be using some to make what I hope will be fantastic! I'll post my creation later in the week once finishing touches are put on :)


So, what do you do with all your misfit beads? When people come to visit my studio they love to paw around in this box to find treasures........ I have know idea what they do with these items but I'm happy that they find something to take home & be creative with.

6 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

From what I see, it WOULD be a treat to paw through this box! Can't wait to see what you've made!
Happy Creating!

Anonymous said...

They would be treasures to me!

Marcia B.

Spirited Earth said...

these misfits are fun..
i was looking around at all my not quite right beads wondering what to do with them..i've started weaving some into a vine growing on my driveway gate ..wonder if anyone will notice as they walk by that those aren't berries on that vine.;-)

Linda said...

Wow. What a great idea! But won't they stop and look around once they do notice :)

Courtney Breul said...

I love this. I have something very similar on my desk too.

Lara Lutrick said...

I give them to my Dad to incorportate into his artwork or send to BOC.