Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday!

Seems like the only post I've been making the past two weeks has been this one. That will change this week, I promise. I've finished up some school art events along with assessments and I have a lit bit more time.

Earlier today I finished up this mixed media painting I started a few weeks back. It was fun working on it since I felt like one of the kids in my classroom.....just doing whatever strikes me. I think that is one of the things I like most about children's work......not overly thought out and spontaneous.


I chose to make a image of a house since so often children use this as part of their picture making. I really was using the house as a symbol of safety and warms...Its a small painting...I believe its 7x7. I was contemplating adding text but have held back for now. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.

I feel a cold coming on by am going to make it out to the torch to make a few beads.
Have a great day!

No comments: