Monday, April 18, 2011

It's Spring Break!

The last several weeks have been a whirlwind! Budget cut worries at school, art events...at school, appointments! Now its our spring break and I can begin getting back on track. Whatever that is...life is always full and busy right?!

Along with bead making, I've been busy with some on line Art Journaling e-courses. A great way to entertain my muse. I believe that you have to be involved with other things to keep your creative voice in strong working order to keep your main way of expression flowing with new ideas......which for me is glass beads and jewelry. Journaling has also brought into focus other creative aspirations that I've not ever acted on. So, we will see where this ride takes me. I love the journey that my creative life brings me!

Art events at school have also taken up a lot of my time as of late. Planning, preparing and the actual happening all take time. Its not a problem since I love doing these events but it is my usual free time that gets impacted....and that means Bead Time! Anyhow, I just hosted a Family Art Night and it was a hugh success! My dear friend and fellow artist, Nancy Valle, came and demonstrated clay........what a great time everyone had!


Nancy is also a glass beadmaker and was the one who originally taught me. Such a warm and wonderful person. I visited her studio last week and had to purchase one of her ceramic sculptures!


Can't wait to have it displayed! It's a garden sculpture but I'm hanging mine in our living room.

1 comment:

rosebud101 said...

Linda, what a wonderful thing you are passing on to your students, the love of art! Sadly it does take away your bead time! What a gift you are giving them!