Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I'm Never Bored

Truly. I am never bored. I think that is the great thing about being a creative person. You're always thinking, looking, experimenting, making........Tonight I'm fascinated by creating paper roses.



I'm making dozens of these and then will hot glue them to a wreath form.....or a cone form...or maybe a heart shaped box.....not sure yet.

Here is how you do it:

:: Cut a square of colored card stock. Trim it into a circle shape. Don't worry about being perfect. Cut a spiral.


:: Starting at the end, begin rolling paper tightly. Roll until you reach the center of the spiral....this is the bottom of the rose. 
:: Hot glue to a wreath form or use as an embellishment to a card. So much you could do with them!! 

Years ago I made these with students in art class but I got re-inspired with them from someone on Pinterest! Another addiction I now have :)

As you might have guessed, I'm thinking about Valentine's Day and making a few things to decorate our dining room. I love being festive! This weekend I plan on making dozens of Valentine cookies that will be decorated very fancy.....I'll be sure to post.....I'm bound to make one giant mess!

No comments: