Friday, January 27, 2012

Mehndi

This period from January until about mid March, I'm all about enjoying some creative rejuvenation. Oh, I'm still creating beads & jewelry too but my pace is slower . Its now that I am free to be a creative explorer since the summer show schedule is in the distance...playing with materials I love other than glass and just experimenting is a great way to stir my muse. I love so many different types of art making that this time is really pure joy and inspiration. A great way to dream up new jewelry and bead ideas!

For Christmas my Aunt gave me The Spirit of Henna. Its a box that contains mehndi patterns, henna pens and a book of history and ideas. I'm home sick today and really am anchored to my bed but I still want to make something!! So I've decided to decorate my body....my hand and arm that is :)


 I just love the beautiful patterns! Flowing designs and just one color.


Typically someone else does your henna.......I'm doing my own so I'm sure my designs won't be this spectacular.


I love paisley. Over the summer I created some fun paisley inspired buttons......I might revisit that idea after my mehndi focus today!

I'm sure I will feel wonderful after my henna tattoos are done. What will my husband think when he gets home?! What do you do to feel better when your home sick?

No comments: