Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! Resolutions Anyone?

Wow. Its the New Year again! I hope you all enjoyed your celebrating last night.....I spent time with family  over a great dinner, conversation and watching the ball drop in Times Square on television. I love our traditions no matter how simple they are. Its the time spent with one another that is important.

I think its the age my sister and I are at that we realize the importance of family. Last night as the adults gathered to celebrate over dinner, my nieces and nephew began preparing for their night out on the town.......parties and friends..... this is what is important to them at this time in their life. I remember those days and have great memories. Last night I enjoyed watching my eldest niece get dressed and ready....she is just such a pretty girl....I was so happy that she let me do her make up for her. Years ago I was a make up artist and still love designing a face. I must say, she looked great! So off they went to their parties and friends and us mature family members ate, played games and laughed.


My first page of my new art journal. 
I will be journaling everyday this month and posting what I've done.

So, resolutions....do you have any? The New Year just makes you think of making changes and I see nothing wrong with setting out to do better. As always, I'm keeping it simple:

Personal Life:
:: Be creative everyday. No matter how small, do something creative. I'm thinking of my Art Journaling.
:: Be focused. Whatever it is that is deserving of my attention, I will focus on that thing completely. Multitasking to a minimum. Being present.
:: Practice Kindness. Of course we all try to be kind most of the time right?! But I'm really thinking of those times when you don't want to be kind....maybe its a bad mood your having or maybe it means being more understanding of someone.
:: Be of service. I am a big believer of serving others. I don't do this as often as I would like but I do try and help and serve the needs of others when I can. This year I'd like to focus a bit more on this.

Business Life:
:: Take time to experiment.
:: Limit the number of shows I commit to.
:: Practice, practice, practice all those new techniques I've learned last year with the many classes I've taken.
:: Be better with my Etsy Shop!!

No comments: