Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nothing Fancy, Just Thursday


My sister gave me this book for Christmas and I've thumbed through it at least a dozen times now. My Non was a seamstress and her back room had her sewing machine set up.....buttons, threads, scrap fabric...this is what I remember of her back room. At a young age I had an interest in learning to sew most likely because of her. I've sewn a number of things here and there over the years but never with the skill of my Non. One of the things on my "bucket" list is to make a quilt. Now, I've made simple quilts such as rag quilts and totally love them but I want to make a traditional quilt.....I'm not up to that challenge yet but the simple projects in this book will get me motivated in that direction.


Today I'm going to make pillow cases. Yes, these are very simple but these pillow cases are leading me into making a duvet cover for our bed. 


Fabric scraps will be used on a canvas to create a background for a painting that is brewing. Today I will also work on my Art Journaling. I am challenging myself to Art Journal everyday in January.....good or bad, I will be journaling! Lets hope I can keep to my challenge :)

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I hope you can stick with your goal! You will be so pleased at the results! I love that bright vintage-y fabric!