Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Gathering

The International Society of Glass Beadmaking conference called the Gathering starts tomorrow right here in Rochester.  Hundreds of glass bead makers meet to learn the latest techniques, discover new tools, take classes and socialize.  The trade show begins later tomorrow and everyone races in there to get stocked up on glass and all the new must haves. Lots of fun. Lots of money being spent!

Today was the first day of a two day workshop I'm taking on making glass chain maille. What fun its been so far! I can really see how I might eventually use it in my work.


Here is our group of 10 crazy glass workers. Around us there were about 5 other classes going on too. Everyone was very focused!



On my lunch break I went around taking some pictures for a photography class I'm currently taking.


The class is on taking images with your phone and then apps are reviewed so you know what to expect from each. I love taking photos with my phone. So immediate and the apps you can get for manipulating your image are amazing.


I think this filter really gives a cool effect. 


If you get a chance, check out Kim Edwards work on easy. She does some amazing things with glass!

No comments: