Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sketchbook Sunday!

As you may know, I've been doing a bit of Art Journaling. I journal write daily but my current efforts are to bring a more artistic flare to my writing. I really see Art Journaling as two distinct practices.....art and writing. I've focused mainly on the art end and have used my art to inspire my writing prompts.

To manage this addition to my currently hectic life, I'm going to really focus on the Art Journaling for a minimum of one day a week......Sundays. I'm sure there will be more 'cause I really like it, but I don't want to overwhelm myself.

Yesterday while drinking my morning coffee I started to sketch out ideas for beads. I typically don't do this and if I do, its usually on the back of a reciept or napkin or something like that. But yesterday I started with sketching out organic shapes that I had hoped to develop into beads....added a little watercolor and some thin decorative lines and ta dahhh! I really liked the process.


I couldn't stop there.....I took my sketchbook with me to the studio and created what I had drawn...


I kinda like this! I am typically a spontaneous bead maker where I just do what pops into my head. This planning out business could be a good thing for me....


This one is my favorite.


This is the other side. I like the others too but the lime green, although it didn't stand out when I was looking at it, seemed a bit seedie in the photographs.



3 comments:

BahamaDawn said...

those beads are just beautiful!! i really hope next week i can catch up on the journaling boot camp.....your journal pages have been gorgeous and I am itching to do some more!

Karen Beth said...

It's funny that us beadmakers have our sketchbooks like this. I use mine when I have too many ideas floating around and I'm not able to get to the torch. The only difference is mine is in colored pencil instead of watercolors. Now that I see how beautiful your watercolors are, I might have to change. ;) Very beautiful beads! I love all the vibrant colors. :)

Kathy said...

These are darling, energetic pieces, Linda. Love that you never stop re-inventing your creativity. And, it's fun to look over your shoulder at your art journal!