Tuesday, July 22, 2008

New Directions

Sometimes you just have to mix things up a bit and thats just what I'm doing! I'm hiking down farther on the path of precious metal clay, metalsmithing and wire working. Sometimes you need to experiment with different materials to come up with new ideas and stimulate your thinking. I purchased a great book a few months back and have just started to dig into it....a book review on it will come up next week. I'm also digging out some "old" books on metalsmithing and wire working. Who knows what I'll do with all this digging but I'm bound to come up with something. Here is one of my favorite glass/pmc pieces. The necklaces I did in this style went very well at Corn Hill.....
Tonight is my Earring Party! I have 8 ladies coming by and I think it should be a fun time. If I think of it, I'll take a few snaps. I really need to get at the torch today too since I just sent a large order out and my bead cupboards are bare! Oh, boy. Lots to do, I guess I have to go!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I can not wait! I've seen these bracelets up close and have commissioned Linda to do one for me. I love the combo of the multi media (fabric, glass and metal) - it gives your jewelry such texture and makes it even more of an art piece!

Kim

Linda said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for the comment!! Wish you lived closer....having a pmc party that I know you would love!!