Friday, January 22, 2010

3 Beautiful Things

Chain reactions are great. I just visited my friend Mallory's blog and discovered that she frequents a blog titled, Three Beautiful Things by -- This blog lists 3 things each day that are good, beautiful, meaningful and positive. I like that. All to often, the news of the day is bleak, sad, negetive or hopeless. People get stuck in the grind of the day and neglect to notice everything that is right. So I am inspired to list 3 beautiful things too.

1. A smile. During my last class of the day, one of my 6 year old students was complaining about something someone else did to him. Really, it was a minor thing- so minor I don't quite remember what it was. After he was done lodging his complaint, we just looked at each other for a momentary pause...I gave him a smile and he gave a big smile in return. The complaint was forgotten.

2. Eating with children. Today I chose to eat lunch with dozens of 5, 6 and 7 year olds rather than in the faculty room. Such a different energy. The children are truely excited to see you, they want to show you their lunch, they want you to sit with them and they are compelled to touch you. All smiles. Lots of love.

3. Imaginations. Watching children imagine & play with just a simple felt puppet body that has no head yet.

Gosh, all my beautiful things revolved around my job. Home is good too. I have a great husband and family. I have nothing to complain about.

1 comment:

Clare said...

Thank you for 3BTing -- I hope your job continues to inspire you and to bring you joy.