Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Work- Bead Nouveau

I'm really trying to explore new things these days in an effort to broaden my skills. These are a few of my new beads and the beginning of a new series of beads. I'm thinking of calling the series Bead Nouveau taken from the Art Nouveau movement.
Art Nouveau focused on rhythmic florals and decorative curving lines. I think of Tiffany Lamps, fancy iron work and french posters when I think of this period in art.


So, this is my new series! I hope you like them as much as I do. Here are a few other new beads. I don't know if any of these will be part of a jewelry design or just stand alone beads....

I hope you let me know what you think. Very different from the vibrant bright colors I tend towards. Please look for some of these beads to be listed in my Etsy shop later today. I want to enjoy the sunshine before the rain comes!

1 comment:

DVArtist said...

I love the bright colors of these new beads. Very nice.
Nicole/Beadwright