Friday, April 25, 2008

Sources of Inspiration

Its funny how whatever you happen to be thinking about suddenly appears everywhere. Have you ever noticed that? For a bit now I've had images of Dale Chilhuly's work floating in my head. I was at one of his exhibits, saw his work at Corning and recently purchased a video and book about him. I even received an art education journal at school that spotlighted Chilhuly and his work. This then inspired a unit I'm about to begin teaching to second graders titled "Working with Color and Form" I've got GREAT activities for them! I can't wait to begin next week.

Anyways, all this Dale Chilhuly stuff has given me a wonderful well of inspiration for my jewelry designing. I'm working on a jewelry series based on my interpretation of his work & I have a few things in the plans. I don't want to rush thru my thinking here. I want to take my time & let ideas peculate. During my lesson planning I came across a great YouTube video. I've placed it here for you to view. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments: