Saturday, June 30, 2012

I'm Thinking 4th of July!


Remember doing this to your bike as a kid? I just might do it to mine....kids can't have all the fun!

I love to celebrate holidays by making things special. It could be an art project of some sort or creative cooking and baking. Here are a few ideas I came upon and thought I'd share with you. I'm already preparing my patriotic cupcakes and cupcake flags, painting my nails red, white and blue and bead dazzling myself with a patriotic heart made by, you guessed it, me :) Images and most ideas found on Martha Stewart website.


These look great and they aren't too many calories either! I've been planning our holiday meal and this will be on it for sure!


I like this idea since you can choose a low fat ice cream sandwich helping to make the calories a little bit lower :)


I love watermelon and what a simple idea! A star cookie cutter and ta dah! Whipped topping will be the white for the flag!


One of my patriotic hearts will top off the simple 4th of July celebration! You can get this one by visiting my Etsy Shop!! More flags will be coming soon since the Olympics are just a few weeks away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is the spirit! Have a check for you for the hearts - let me know what works for you to pick up hearts - Marcia