Saturday, August 30, 2008

What a Day!


It was such a wonderful day. The weather was perfect and I had the whole day to spend with Pete. That doesn't happen often so I need to take advantage of it when I can. It started out early....around 6:30 with me (those are my feet) sitting in my Sky chair out on the porch. It was amazingly quiet and I was in bliss with my coffee and good book.

Around 10:30 Pete and I set out on the bike for a nice country ride to Skeneatlas


The ride there took about 2 hours and when we got there we ate lunch at the Blue Fin Grill overlooking Skeneatlas lake. Afterwards we walked the town and shopped....I was limited in what I could buy due to the bike thing...Darn it! I saw a few things I would have purchased and tons of garage sales along the way I would have stopped at....Oh, well


We got back on the bike and headed to MacKenzie Childs in Aurora. I haven't been to their studio in about 6 years. It had changed hands and was closed to the public for a while but reopened about 2 years ago....today was our first time back and WOW....it was even better than before




We took the house tour (couldn't take pictures inside) and it was like inside Alice In Wonderlands house! Everything painted, patterned and simply beautiful. It sounds like it will become a bed and breakfast in the near future. Can't wait for that



Well, that was the day and What a Day it was! Hope you enjoyed the photos....tomorrow, more bike riding around the finger lakes for a Poker Run! I don't know if my butt can take another full day but I'll give it a good try! Peter pulled the winner...check in tomorrow morning to see who the lucky duck is :) Keep scrolling down to see all the pictures of the MacKenzie Childs estate!

5 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Wow, those are some great pictures. Thanks for sharing! P.S. Here's a virtual roll or two of Charmin so you can pad your bottom and make tomorrow's ride more comfy, kinda like the kids in the commercials used to do :) Happy riding tomorrow!

Meghan Norsen said...

Well, you are just going to have to let peter know that he better make sure he reads the name on that ticket carefully....(orange slices COULD be in his future....:-}

rosebud101 said...

Wow! What a fun, fun day! Love the photos.

Linda said...

Its Sunday morning and I'm getting ready for another day on the bike. I'm pooped already and I just got out of the shower!

Anonymous said...

It does look like you had a lovely day! Wow I love the sky chairs... they look very comfortable!