Thursday, August 28, 2008

Young & Young at Heart



This morning I shared some time with my beautiful niece, Shelby. Its hard grabbing time with a teenager. I remember back then....it was all about friends and good times. So, who can blame her that THAT is what she is about. I am especially connected to Shelby since I was in the delivery room with my sister when Shelby was born. What a miracle. It makes me feel like Shelby's mine as well as my sisters.....

If I haven't mentioned it before, I'll say it now....I hate my picture being taken. I guess pictures make me realize that I am actually getting older (Not Old however!) & I hate that. I'm young at heart. I suppose nothing changes....the young, Shelby, and the young at heart, (Me), both had a horrible time getting a photo that we liked of ourselves. Against, my better judgement, I'll show you just two of the many we took. By the looks of us, it would have seemed we were on a photo shoot of some sort!! Vanity never leaves us I guess.

I have some hearts to share also. I'm going out now to clean them and then take a quick picture to post.

4 comments:

angelinabeadalina said...

Well, you both look adorable and nowhere near "old"! Looks like you had fun together, too :)

rosebud101 said...

I love both photos. You can see how well you connect! Love those hearts. I think the one underneath your favorite is mine. It has orange in it! I love your use of color and shape.

Linda said...

Angelina~you made my day! Sometimes I look in the mirror and see only the lines which, of course, are magnified in my mind! Shelby & I sure had fun even though our time together was short.

Rosebud~Its fun seeing & hearing what others like. The drawback of working alone is you only have one point of view.

Thanks to both of you...your comments make me smile. :) Linda

Deb said...

Both of the photo's are fabulous Linda. Isn't it strange how we don't see ourselves as others see us. You both look gorgeous & you are certainly now where near 'old' :o)