Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sugar skulls, birthdays & guests, Oh My!

Its been another busy week but I think things will be a bit calmer next week. I sure hope so anyways! Today will be my first day back making beads.....I'm looking forward to it.....a little art therapy does me good :)


one of my busy nights was in part taken up with mass sugar skull making. Yes, 125 sugar skulls is a large task for one busy person. The pay-off however was fantastic! The kids adore decorating them & learning how the children in Mexico can actually eat theirs! In the art room we decorate with glue, glitter, sequines...etc.. definitly not good stuff to eat. The art room is sooo quiet when everyone is concentrating on decorating their skulls. Nice.


Then on aonther evening, we took our neice, Shelby, out for her sweet 16th birthday. Not the best picture........this little camera doesn't work well in conditions that need light. She straightened her hair for a NEW look. Anything would look good on her but I like it best when her hair is la naturel....meaning wavy. We took her to Cheesecake Factory....everything was delicious of course.


We went out for dinner again the following night with Peters Mother & step Father. They live in Florida and were up for a visit. My camera card was full so I didn't bring it along that night. This time we ate across the street from Cheesecake Factory at another yummy resturant called Brio.

I won't bore you with the rest of the weeks "to do" activity list but you get the idea. I had every moment packed full of things I had to do at home or at work. So, I am REALLY looking forward to my bead making Saturday!

No comments: