Friday, February 8, 2008

Art Teacher Day

We had a professional development day today which was a mixture of business (work talk) and pleasure (work/play). Just a great day of collaborating with other art teachers on lessons and topics important to our instruction. Its great being with art teachers anyways....they know how to have fun!

Over lunch I had to stop at a auto supply shop to pick up glue of all things. But one item that really caught my eye was Pappa Pickle.....The Portly Pickle!
I couldn't believe that they sold packaged jumbo pickles at an auto shop. Well, I had to buy him and surprise our dear friend Dean with it.

Well, Papa Pickle had quite an adventure....Dean made a felted outfit for him


and Papa had his portrait draw too....Tom won the award for the best rendering of a Pimped Papa Pickle.

My Pickle Portrait was of Papa's Girl....Penelope Pickle

We had fun this afternoon thats for sure! Here are some other pics of us felting and sketching.....I'm glad I had my camera!







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you planning on creating a series of "pickle" beads in the near future?...or felted beads which are then pickled?...or simply pickling and torching an entire RAM before a collegial circle?

DL

Linda said...

I was actually thinking of felted beads AND glass beads with a Papa Pickle focal. Hmmm, should that be felted or flameworked???? I must ponder that.

I am currently working on a Papa Pickle Pendant for someone on my Valentines list...Thank Chaluppa, Chihuly....aka DL