Monday, February 18, 2008

So Upsetting...

While treadmilling this morning I listened to a segment about the Hallmark Slaughterhouse in California. It was very disturbing on many levels and it has inspired this post. I'm not the type of person to push my beliefs onto others but this really did it.....

I'm a vegetarian and have been one for many years. I don't eat meat of any type but have never encouraged or discourage others from doing so. I respect choice. My husband just for the record is not a vegetarian but does not get meat items at home....when home he must eat vegetarian or make his meals on his own....I do not purchase meat items. He has been fine with this arrangement and gets his meat fix elsewhere. I also do not bother categorizing vegetarians either......vegan/vagen.....Whatever.....a vegetarian is a vegeatarian....split hairs if you like but its all the same to me when you get down to it. I give a big eye roll when people talk like that....pish, posh.

So what lit the match for me today you ask.....cruelty. Cruelty to animals is SO UPSETTING TO ME.....I think anyone who mistreats an animal, be it a domestic animal or one that some choose to eat, is dispicable. I don't understand those who are purposely hurtful to animals...They are sick, sick people to me. This segment, which I could not watch but a few seconds of, showed people pushing/knocking over sick cows with forklifts (for fun...), poking them with an electric prod (for fun.....) spraying water into their nose/face (for fun....) among other sick things I could not watch. Oh, and by the way meat eaters....the meat from the sick cows....you've been eating it!

So, if its just for today....please think about how people treat animals....how people treat each other....show compassion....BOYCOTT MEAT TODAY!

I feel better....even if just one person tells me they did this for today, I will be happier. My apologise to my friends that are meat eaters but this segment did me in...

No comments: