Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Stuff

The last few weeks have been extremely busy for me. Practically every night has been booked with something. All good that is but still a hectic schedule. So I have some stuff to share....like what I've been up to.

The first item to share is actually an invitation to all of you fellow bookworms. I recently signed up to be part of Oprahs online book discussion for her next book titled, A New Earth Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. Doesn't that sound good?! Who doesn't want to know that! All the bookworms in my group are joining too (I think)....I just thought some of you might like to get in on it also since I will be sharing/living this book for the next month.

Next. Sue and I went to a lecture Monday night at Nazareth College titled American Indians in Films. The speaker, Russell Means, is an American Indian Leader, activist, actor and author. The program began with a viewing of Disney's film, Pocahontas. I love Disney films anyways....always good messages in there. Unfortunately, we didn't stay for the entire lecture.....we left 1/2 hour early....but he talked about how American Indians are presented in films and all the incorrect information that is included in these films. This lecture kicks off a 3 months of "Myth and Magic"- A Native American Film Festival. We plan to go to other lectures.......since I'm Native American and all.......our next is titled, Mohawk Girls.

Lastly. I will have NEW STUFF at Parkleigh this Saturday. I hope you will stop by and say hi. I'm still working so I hope to have plenty to share.
Gotta Go Now....work, work, work ;)

No comments: