Monday, February 15, 2010

Bead Soup is Now Served


Here is my bead soup creation. My husband remarked that its different then what I usually create but I love it. For me, the whole idea of a mystery bead soup mix is to push yourself into new places to see what happens.



The beautiful beads I received from my partner, Lisa,  had a vintage quality to them and the focal, in contrast, was more contemporary and highly textural. I sat with the beads and mulled around ideas until I came up with this. I was inspired by a fellow designer, Blynn of Recklace Necklace, who uses vintage elements in her work. I had bunches of these metal flowers laying around and at the last minute decided to use one as a focal.

Because I felt that the focal bead was so different from the rest, I decided to make more large holed beads with a similar feel. Each was different still but united by the blue/green range of colors found in the reactive glass. I linked them with a barbed wire type of link....at least thats what I call it.

I hope you like what I did with my lovely bead soup mix. This was great fun and really pushed me. I hope to be part of another Bead Soup party in the future!

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Love what you came up with, Linda! The flower beads are a great touch!

DVArtist said...

This is very nice. You did a beautiful job on it. Looks a bit like your award. :)

Nicole/Beadwright

Misobel (Mary) said...

This piece is so gorgeous, I love it! Beautiful work.

Spirited Earth said...

love this piece, the flower is a nice touch

roseworksjewelry said...

That's lovely :) I don't think I would have ever come up with it - and that's why I like it so much!

Mary K. McGraw said...

Love the beads you made and they complement the other beads very well. The flower adds a fun whimsical element to your beautiful necklace.

Kella said...

This is such a beautifully stricking piece, its just WOW!!

RockerJewlz said...

Wow! One of my top 3 favorites...and Lisa is one of them too...how about THAT!

Great mix of the green tones and graduation in size AND texture.

This is really beautiful.

Nicki said...

Wow this is something different - I like how it is "flowery" yet kind of industrial (I am not very much a flower person). The barbed wire rocks. Great piece.

Rickie said...

Love what you did for your design--gorgeous! Worth the wait!!! :-)

Linda said...

Thanks everyone for leaving such nice comments:) I was a little unsure of this piece....it looks great on too. The flower is off center. I can't make up my mind if I'll sell it or keep it for my own. Most likely I'll be keeping it since we jewelry makers rarely have our OWN stuff.....to busy making things sell.

Unknown said...

Stunning! You should keep it to wear. It will attract lots of interest in your work :)