Sunday, February 7, 2010

Toggles

I really like my large glass & silver toggles. I've been creating these for maybe a year or so and each one has been more exciting to me than the last. At this point, I'm fixated on a more organic earthy quality to the glass work. To me it looks fitting for the silver that is at the core.

I like that both sides are nice to look at and that the glass also has silver embedded into it. The reactive glass provides another level of interest to the toggle too.

Since these toggles have some weight to them I use them as focal closures. You can see some example of this under Necklaces on my website.  I'm also considering offering these in my etsy shop. Do you think this is a good idea?

2 comments:

Lyn Foley said...

I think that is a great idea! Your toggles are really nice and will add a special touch to a piece. I think they will sell well. Go for it!

Linda said...

Thanks Lyn! I'm going to put some other silver items in my shop to see how they go too. Its always a guessing game.