Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sad News

I had fully intended on posting my Bead Soup necklace yesterday however early yesterday morning I recieved a very sad bit of news and it just rocked my world. I will keep this short and with just necessary detail: One of my first grade students was killed Friday night. If you are local, you have heard of this in the news already. He died at the hands of his father. I have been very emotional about this and am having difficulty comprehending how someone can harm a child.

Please say a prayer for this young childs mother and please be kind to others. You never know what type of hardship they are enduring or issue they struggle with. Its just to bad we people can't love one another. Empathy and compassion at least for today.

5 comments:

Tam, I am said...

How awful. This breaks my heart. The family and you and your students are in my prayers.

Lisa said...

How devastating. I am so sorry, for you, his friends, and his mother.

Alice said...

Heartbreaking. I will never understand what causes people to harm children--the most innocent and vunerable. It makes me angry and sad at the same time.

Linda said...

Just returned from a parent/staff meeting at our school that suggested ways to help friends cope. Such a burden for little 7 year olds to shoulder.

Unknown said...

Oh my! At a loss for words ;(