Friday, December 21, 2007

T'was the last day of school......


The energy level has been at record highs this week at school....everyone is awaiting Santa's arrival (or time off from school!). The children can't concentrate on much else....and rightly so. This time of year really is to delight them isn't it? I love seeing their excitement and listening to them anticipate what Santa will bring.

Over the last few art classes I've had second graders rehearse the poem, Twas the Night Before Christmas and illustrate their parts. They will present this poem to the pre-kindergartners, kindergartners and first graders...and at the end of the day at our Holiday Sing a long I'll display a slide presentation of their art work. I selected this image to show you just as an example of their great work.....these kids just amaze me at what they CAN do. Can you believe that this is by a 7 year old? On Christmas Eve I hope to put up the slideshow here for you to look at...maybe include their voices too.

On the bead front: I'll be at the torch for a brief time this weekend filling last minute orders and making some beads to put up for sale. As I've mentioned, I have knitting to finish before Christmas so I need to work at that too. Tonight is dedicated to finishing up shopping!

Enjoy the day! I hope you'll check in tomorrow :)

No comments: